My sweet, precious boys... Happy First Birthday!!! I just woke up from a dream that you were still in my tummy. Blake had the hiccups and Caden was kicking my ribs. I remember the morning you came to us like it was yesterday. Daddy was nervous. He just wanted everyone to be safe and healthy. I remember feeling peaceful. I knew that you two coming into the world at that time was a part of Heavenly Father's plan, for me and Daddy but mostly for you two. I felt very strongly that He was in control and His plan was being furthered because you two came into the world.
Ever since I found out you were boys, and perhaps even before then, I have had strong impressions about the kind of missionaries you will be. Not only on your missions but throughout your childhood and beyond. I know you are very special spirits and Daddy and I are humbled to be your parents.
Anyway, back to my story. At the hospital I was laying on a table waiting for the doctors to get you out of my tummy safely. I remember that Caden practically fell out of my tummy because your head was so low already! You probably pushed off my ribs one last time to force your way into the world! They held you up so I could see you and you were much bigger than I expected! Your face looked all scrunched up and angry because it was cold outside of mommy's tummy. Then I noticed your hair! Lots and lots of hair! I wanted to immediately come ruffle it up and snuggle you! Then you started crying and my heart just melted because I knew you were mine. They took you over to a warming table to clean you off. But I could still hear your little cry and see the top of your head.
Then the doctors went in for you Blake. You were probably snoozing away because the doctors had to work for a minute to get you out. I saw your feet pop out first in a reflection overhead and they were the cutest feet I'd ever seen! Once they finally pulled you out and held you up for me to see you were stretching your arms and legs out for the first time. It looked like you were just waking up and I realized your cute little cheeks were already begging to be kissed. Then you realized how cold it was and started your cute newborn scream. Yours seemed louder than Caden's scream because by this time Caden, you were pretty exhausted and you were just whimpering and fighting sleep. They took you Blake over to the warming table to clean you off.
Daddy got to follow you both over and he was overwhelmed! He kept saying, "Oh my gosh!" and "Wow" and "Hey buddy!" They wrapped you both up and handed you to him. Caden was in his left arm and Blake was in his right arm. He brought you both over so mommy could see you up close. Daddy and I looked at each other and we knew how much we both loved you.
The world just didn't seem right until they let me sit up and take you both in my arms. Then I was content. I was whole. That day I became who I was born to be, your mommy! Thank you for coming in to our lives. We will be eternally grateful!

2 comments:
Emily, I forgot to tell you that I don't think Ralph and I will make it this saturday, Ralphs little brother is getting married, so we are busy all day, HAve a great party though, with those two cutie pies!
You will be forever glad you recorded your experience and thoughts on the day the boys were born. We love being grandparents to Caden & Blake! It is much more fun than everyone said. Love you all. Happy 1st birthday boys.
Post a Comment