Monday, April 12, 2010

Trip to Toquer and St. George

After trying to handle things on my own for a couple days (Nate is back to work) my dad talked me into going down to Toquerville with him and Mary. I can't believe how much easier twins become when you have two or three people always on hand to change a diaper, put a binkie back in, or bottle feed a cranky Caden or Blake. I offered my dad a job as our nanny, but he didn't bite...

Two days after the boys and I arrived Nate joined us and was happy to see his family again. We stayed in St. George for a couple days at my mom's. I only snapped once, wanting to justify my way of doing things with "Because I'm the mom, that's why!" Haha, that came out a lot sooner than I had anticipated. But who can blame a Grandma for wanting to hold her Grandbabies all the time??









4 comments:

Jess Naegle said...

i can't put into words how GRATEFUL i am you came down, emmer. i was worried i wouldn't get too much time with my boys before leaving, but that trip allowed me to! now i feel like i know them a little better, and can't wait to see them grow up. I LOVE THOSE BOYS and miss them already. thank you for making the trip and letting me spend time with you!

The Sheffield's said...

Emily, we really need to talk! It looks like your life is really busy but oh so happy. Let me know what times work best for me to call you!

Nat said...

I'm so happy to see your little guys made it safe and sound! congrats!

tycee said...

You're brave to go on a trip with newborns. How fun!