Sunday, December 14, 2008

Emily's Top 57

So I've heard several times lately that I am difficult to shop for. So just for my fun and to make life easy on others who might need some ideas I'm going to make a top 100 list of things I want. Even though is is a little out of character for me I'm going to get over myself and if nothing else, make Nate's life a little easier :)

These are in no particular order, just a random list...

1. Urban Contour Dark Wash Book Cut Jeans from Bananarepublic.com in size 8 Long

2. Tall cotton wrap shirt in white from banarepublic.com size medium long

3. Tall Classic Pencil Skirt, color: Driftwood, from Bananarepublic.com size 8 tall

4. Scarves, I love any cool scarf

5. I-Tunes gift cards, (my high school CD's aren't really doing it for me anymore, he he

6. Any kind of warm, fuzzy, slippers

7. Scentsy wall plug in

8. Journey Pendand Necklace, cubic zirconia (only from Nate, he he)

9. Worthington Ombre Print Circle skirt from JC Penny

10. Black heels from Famous Footwear: Madden Girl - Women's Jadie. size ten

11. Heavy duty hair clippers for Nate's hair. (I know this is something for Nate but it will take be about half the time to cut his hair. The ones we have can't hack his thick locks)

12. You can never go wrong with a necklace or earings. I like pearl things, silver, fun pendants

13. I love food! Favororite restaurants include: Texas Roadhouse

14. Rumbi's

15. Cafe Rio

16. Cold Stone

17. Biaggi's at the Gateway

18. PF Chang's

19. In the same category, my favorite treats are: chocolate covered strawberries

20. German chocolate cookies from Parson's Bakery

21. Fresh cut up peaches and cream (basically a vanilla milkshake)

22. Other things I enjoy: Playing miniature golf.

23. Going to movies

24. Going to plays

25. Going to General Conference in the conference center

26. It's my dream to go to a Michael Buble concert

27. I like getting recommendations on music, new good singers/bands etc.

28. A long time ago I used to love to paint with water colors. It would be fun to get some good supplies and start that up again.

29. Flowers, I always love fresh flowers of any kind

30. A CleenWater whole home water treatment water softener. It's the kind that doesn't ever need salt! (keep in mind, this is an wishlist... I'm letting my practical side go)

31. A space heater for my cold winter feet (Nate calls them icy death feet)

32. A hot pad for my back after a long day of presentations

33. My favorite lotion: Cetaphil, it's the only thing that can tame my dry skin

34. Some really long, soft bed pants. Mine have holes in them.

35. Black cap sleeve under shirt from shade clothing/medium

36. Red and/or black wrap top from shade clothing/medium

37. Layers Clothing gift card

38. One of my favorite things is family dinner, whether it's at home or at a restaraunt

39. I also like water parks, I might be a little old, but 7 Peaks or Raging Waters always sounds fun!

40. Something else I love to do is campfires! I would love any kind of heavy duty marshmellow sticks, tinfoil dinner tools, etc.

41. One day I'd like a video I-Pod filled with music and my favorite movies

42. I want the DVD of Runaway Bride with Richard Gere and Julia Roberts

43. Shrek 1 and 2 DVDs

44. Open Season DVD

45. Holiday Inn (Old movie) on DVD

46. A really highly recommended book of any kind

47. Necklace from claire's or anywhere that's got a long chain with a charm like this


48. A limited time subscription to Lynda.com so I can learn more about PhotoShop

49. Car detailing inside and out gift certificate!

50. (Okay, this one is just for fun) A Mazda CX-9 in silver...

51. Your favorite scentsy bar... I don't know what's good :)

52. Glass bowls of different sizes with plastic lids

53. 9 x 13 pan with plastic lid


54. A really nice indoor volleyball

55. Volleyball knee pads (I just can't take the dives anymore on these old lady knees...)

56. Martin stretch cotton slim trouser from Bananarepublic.com, color: blonde wood. 8 Long

57. Weekend get-a-way with my sweetheart Nate (maybe with an entry in the love journal!)

Okay, if you finished reading this list you deserve a reward! I only got to 57 things and I ran out. I can't think of anything else! Maybe I'll do a Wishlist #2 in a while or add to this one. I do have to say that this was an interesting experience for me. I NEVER tell other people what I'd really like because I feel selfish and materialistic. The funny thing is that making this list has made me realize how happy I am and can be without any of this stuff! Except maybe the family dinners and my weekends away with Nate :)

Anyway, hopefully this helps someone someday! It was fun to put together!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Too bad that we already went shopping for you but this is so good to know for future reference. Nice job Emily! Love you.

Liz Harnish said...

A little delayed, but I love that you did this!