Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween




Well the biggest holiday of the year in the Ross family has come and gone once again. Nate actually succeeded in getting me to watch two scary movies this year. I am kind of a chicken when it comes to scary movies. Anyway, we had a fun weekend hanging out with family and going to work/ward parties. Nate's costume this year was hilarious. I don't know if we'll be able to beat that for many years to come. He was an old-school evil villian, complete with the diabolical laugh. But as they say a picture is worth a thousand words...


As for me, I realized that I have been something scary almost every halloween of my life. As a child I never wanted to be a princess, only a witch. I was a witch year after year after year. I think it was because I wanted to be kind of girly scary and I thought a witch was the only option. Either way, I decided to be one of my favorite cartoon characters of the 80's: Rainbow Brite. It was a fun costume to put together and luckily the marker came off my face without any problems. I have never had so many compliments from girls. I don't think it's because my costume was so great, I just think everybody loved rainbow brite. And who wouldn't? She spreads color throughout the whole world.


It was a very fun Halloween. We went to our ward trunker treat so I could see my nursery kids all dressed up. Then we went up to have dinner with Shelby and the rest of the fam. I made green slime jello with worms (sorry Sharon, I think we left that at your house). Check out how cute this pea pod is being held by the shiek! We played signs and had a ball. I know it was a success because my face was hurting from smiling on our way home. Below you will see my family all decked out in our halloween gear.






Okay here is one last pic of Nate just for kicks and giggles...

3 comments:

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

Ha! I can almost hear the organ playing in the background

Menlove Family said...

Love the costumes! How creative are you guys??? I love halloween too! (and rainbow bright!!) Em, you have such a fun family...tell everyone hi!!

Liz Harnish said...

Love the post...I always want to hang out with you guys on Halloween, you don't mess around!