Saturday, September 6, 2008

What a Summer!

Wow, it has been a pretty busy summer. We have actually accomplished at least one vacation with all four of our families! Australia with Brad, Sharon, and Tyler. (Below you will see pics of our big trip to Australia.) Lake Powell with my dad. Cedar Breaks with my mom. And Yellowstone with Tom, Rayma, Alex, Gabby, and David.
What a good time! I'll have to post more pics later.

Tonight I at least wanted to get an update posted. My new baby niece Shelby, daughter of Amanda and Travis, is being blessed tomorrow. With all the fun stuff we've done, she has been the most exciting thing this summer. The first grandbaby of the family! Every time we're up in Bountiful I try to stop by and get my "Shelby fix".

Nate started a new job this summer and he is loving it. He was a little worried about proving himself all over again at a new company but once again, he has won everybody over in record time. Not only does he play decent fooseball (an apparent neccessity of the job) but his boss has him giving presentations and teaching all the other programmers how to do stuff. That's my man! Nate says that he likes this job because the people there aren't "nerdy" programmers, they're "cool" like him. (Sorry honey, you can never really escape your roots of nerdiness, besides, that's why I love you!)

As for me, I have enjoyed the break from presentations this summer and it went by surprisingly really fast. I thought it would be slow with nothing to do. But when you work for a non-profit organization there are always things to do! I've been busy upgrading the technology of different things, making power points, buying a laptop and projector, converting calendars to being online... you know, really tought stuff. That may not impress you, but everyone at work thinks I'm some tech-savvy person. I guess that shows you how behind my work is in technology, they were all still using word perfect for goodness sake! Yes, they were even excited when we taught them how to send an attachment in an email. But presentations have started so they'll just have to figure out what to do without me.

Well, that's our life in a nutshell over the past little while. Pretty fun stuff! (Thanks for reading this Michelle! I think you're my one subscriber.)

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Ah! Not true. I read your blog too. Tyler says I can't get a face book page because "It would be wierd. You are too old. It's only for younger people." It's official. I am OLD! Love the pics of Australia. They bring back great times. We love you both.

Menlove Family said...

Yay! An update! You guys are so cute...I love the Austrailia pics!

The Sheffield's said...

Remember at Christmas when we decided we needed to do a better job of keeping in touch. Sadly everything I know about you two is what I learn from your blog.

We are getting excited to see you in a couple of weeks. Maybe we can commit to keeping in touch again.