Well, Nate and I have both made it back into the classroom without too much pain. Nate as a student and me as a teacher. For the first time since Weber, I don't think Nate cares all that much about his grades. (Although Nate not caring now probably means he'll still get a 3.8 at least.) He has senoritis big time. It's almost too easy to talk him out of doing his reading and going somewhere with me instead. He is loving his work though and kicking butt! He has another blog where he can get out all the incredible ideas he has. He doesn't want to share the link because it's only for smart people like him...
As for me, the junior highs have been fun and/or horrible depending on the class. I came home with the worst headache of my life after my first week of teaching. What a battle! I seriously feel like I have to be on my toes or one of them will take me down! Don't get me wrong, I love what I do. There are moments that make it all worth it. Last week I taught a junior high about stress and I do this segment on finding hope. This one girl in the back of the room looked at me so intently the whole time and started taking notes like crazy. After class she came up to me and gave me a big hug without saying a word. So little things like that keep me going, making me feel like I'm doing something worthwhile.
This last weekend Nate went to a Reptile Expo where he and Dave gawked at $1,000 snakes and got up close and personal with a 400 lb. boa constricter. I babysat Shelby which is always my favorite! I'll post some pics, you have to see this kid! Then we enjoyed yet another cougar domination against Wyoming. Game days are sacred so we always find a way to watch. We love watching with Sharon, Ty, and Nate's Grandparents. You'll never meet more die hard fans! Then we headed outdoors for a barbecue with my siblings. My sisters are so lucky to have all our husbands get along so well. Nate is often the center of attention telling stories and making hilarious facial expressions. Their laughter reassures him that he's still funny because apparently I've stopped laughing at his jokes as often (although I disagree, I feel like I'm always giggling at him). We played mafia and a good time was had by all, particularly Nate.
I guess Nate doesn't have anything else to add so I guess I'll sign off for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment