Tuesday, April 26, 2011

It's the little things...

I love when Blake shifts to a sitting position in his sleep and starts whining because he doesn't know how to lay back down. I'll go in and check his diaper but as soon as I lay him back he goes completely limp because he's really still sleeping.

I love how I'll be sitting on the floor cleaning or changing Blake when Caden walks up behind me and grabs me around the neck in a big bear hug. He lays his head on mine and does a sweet little sound, "hmmm, hmmm."

I love when Blakey gets so focused on his game of "throwing and chasing the ball". I also love how during this game he has to crawl under the kitchen chairs and lowers his head while moving forward so he can't see where he's going.

I love how Caden decided that he wanted to ride on the turn-table of their little car toy so he crawled into a sitting position on top of the toy and just smiled at me like it was so much fun.



I love how Blake jumps up and down while I'm holding him right after his nap because he's happy to see me.

I love hearing Caden jump in his crib and giggle when he's supposed to be napping.

I love seeing them start to play with each other. Their daddy has taught them about chasing so they chase each other around the recliner and play peek-a-boo with the bathroom door. That's when they giggle the most (at least when daddy's not around).

I love Blakey's cheeks. They are the softest, roundest, most kissable cheeks I've ever seen.

I love Caden's facial expressions. I love the way he squints his eyes when he's getting attention, the way they get big when he's inquisitive, and the way his little mouth pouts when he's sad.

I love Blakey's giggle. I love when I'm holding him after a nap (it's the only time he'll let me snuggle him) and he lays back in my arms and I tickle his neck and he giggles so sweetly as he pushes my hand away. But he doesn't wiggle away from me he just lays there with his neck still exposed and a huge smile on his face, waiting for another tickle.

I love how Caden likes to be held. He curves his little hand behind your arm that's holding him and with his other hand he holds your finger/arm. He also likes to lay his head on my shoulder when he's tired or sad.

Basically I love my boys. I love being their mom. As long as I take my payment in all these little things I feel like the richest woman in the world.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Awwww, I like this post. It IS about the little things. The little things are what make motherhood so amazing.

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh I am totally tearing up! I can't even express how much I love those boys. Is it possible to love them more than you do? haha

How wonderful to notice the little things.

Mom Shankula said...

I loved reading this Em. It is so precious. I love reading about the things you experience in a day. You definitely are a rich woman. Happy Mother's Day sweetheart!

Sharon said...

I'm glad you can enjoy every moment with the boys. They are so cute and fun to be around. I love being a grandma! You are both such good parents. Those boys are blessesd to have you. Happy Mother's Day.