Wednesday, July 14, 2010

4 months old!

Blake and Caden are 4 months old today! I can't believe it. They are so funny! Blake is having tummy issues right now, but if I prop him up on his side on my bed he becomes facinated with the red curtains and forgets his woes... until he sees me again of course. Then he feels he must let me know he's unhappy. As soon as I'm out of sight he again becomes enthralled with the flowing curtains.

Anyway two fun things to report. First of all we went to a cabin up in Eden with our family over the 4th of July. It was fun to be with everyone and get out of the house for a while. Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays. Not because we have any spectacular traditions, I just love the celebration of our country. I LOVE THE USA!!!!




After the cabin we stopped by Grandpa Ross's for dinner. Tom taught Nate the patented Daddy Ross hold that will cure almost any crying spell. The boys love it!


The other fun thing to report is that the boys went swimming for the first time! They were a little unsure of everything at first but in the end they had a blast with daddy showing them a good time.

We are also very excited for Nate's brother Tyler who just got engaged to a beautiful girl named Kelsey! Yay!! The boys are excited to have another Auntie! And my sister Jessica leaves for Thailand this week from the MTC! She is so excited :)

Well, that wraps it up for today. I hear the boys chatting with each other upstairs so they'll probably be ready to eat soon. How grateful I am that a mother's work is never done.

4 comments:

Liz Harnish said...

Yay! I love those boys! That first pic of them is adorable, I love Blake's profile smile!!! I need to see them soon.

Nicole said...

That hold is very similar to The Happiest Baby on the Block hold. Have you seen that? If you haven't, you totally should. It worked so well for us, and we wished we watched it sooner. However, you should know that it is a very cheesy video. : ) They're growing so fast and so cute!

Barney Lund said...

Wow, what a fun little family you've got here. Thailand?! I LOVE Thailand!

Baggs and I will have to chat with her about here experiences.

Amanda said...

I love them. Every day they wake up they are different! Hey, let's play on Wednesday!!