Even though everyone who reads this already knows, I still have neglected to write about our wonderful news. A few months ago Nate and I found out we were expecting. In fact, the day we found out we had a four wheeler ride scheduled with Tom (Nate's dad). The whole time I was afraid that every bumb in the road would knock the baby loose. By the end I was just grateful I hadn't thrown up!
I began getting more and more sick as the days went on. And it seemed like the nausea kept getting worse every hour of the day. I went in to see my doctor who graciously agreed to do an early ultrasound. That's when we saw it for the first time... The screen switched back and forth between two black orbs... I thought, 'She must be looking at the same thing from two different angles... either that or there's two...' That's when she turned to us with a smile and said, "Well, get ready for the Ross twins!"
I don't think we heard one word she said to us after that. I was shocked, elated, ecstatic! I felt like we had just won the jackpot! When the doctor left I looked over at Nate and he looked like someone had just punched him in the gut. He had a sort of plastered half smile on his face.
I said, "Wow, can you believe it?" He hugged me for a few long seconds. I think he was stalling, trying to come up with a response because when he finally pulled away and looked at me all he could say was, "Wow... I'm going to be changing a lot of diapers." (hahaha) I tried my best to comfort him saying, "Yes dear, you are."
Since then our excitement has grown, along with our trepidation. I've had several terrible dreams about our babies being stolen from the hospital, or trying to pick up two babies and dropping one. I began desperately looking for a game plan on how we were going to survive. I had to reevaluate my expectations of Nate, wrap my head around nursing two babies, try and figure out the best nursery arrangements, and then figure out how we were going to pay for everything. (Some call me a master worrier... I call it master planning-haha)
I am 19 weeks along now and I feel like I have a handle on everything I can plan beforhand. I'm not ready by any means, but I have a plan.
Today we're going in for the ultrasound at Maternal-Fetal Medicine. That's where thy have the super high tech machines. I love seeing the babies! I have seen them every doctor's visit since that first ultrasound. And today we get to see them in High Def! We found out the the left twin is a boy at 15 weeks but still don't know about our little right twin (aka-the mystery baby). He/She got tired of being poked and prodded during the ultrasound and turned it's little back to us. We couldn't even get a good profile shot, just a great pic of the spine :) Looks like someone has daddy's fabulous stubborn independence.
I will post the most recent pics later today when I get them scanned in to the computer. Okay, I have to run and go get ready! Yay!!! I love seeing my babies!!!
4 comments:
Emily, I am so, SO, SOOOO happy for you! When are you due? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
i can't wait to hear the news of the mystery baby. i got on your post today to see if you knew. good luck!
YAY FOR NEPHEWS! I can't wait to meet these two little Ross boys. It helps to be a Master Planner, and like I told you last night - use that nesting instinct to your advantage! It disappears after giving birth and then chaos gradually envelops your household. But it's a comfortable chaos. :)
2 boys! We're so excited for you guys. No more wondering huh :)
Post a Comment