Friday, January 25, 2008

Christmas, New Years, and Mexico!

I am definatly not used to writing very regularly in a blog! It has been a while and lots has gone on. First, Christmas was awesome this year. Nate's brother is home from his mission and that made Christmas morning really fun. There were lots of jam sessions over the holidays to celebrate Ty's return, both real and virtual (they have been really getting into Guitar Hero). We saw my family and Nate's dad on Christmas also. It was full but really fun.

New Years was spent in St. George with a full out dance party in my mom's living room, Cesar's margharitas, and roman candles at midnight. I was also able to make up for last year when I forgot to kiss Nate at midnight. Mom and Randy were excellent hosts as usual. We were always fed to much with amazing food! The rest of the trip was the usual shopping at the outlets, at which we were able to find some miracle shoes for Nate. They were the exact same pair as his old ones, just the new version! (If you knew how picky he is about shoes you would join in my excitement...)

Then we were able to take off for a cruise a week later to Cabo! It was some much needed alone time after family filled holidays. The first night we got sick and had to leave in the middle of dinner. After we recovered, however, it was such a lazy wonderful trip. Cabo was an adventure. We payed this guy 90 bucks to take us out to see the whales on his little fishing boat. We saw the humpback whales breach a couple times and then we saw a whole pod of dolphins! Then we rented a four wheeler and explored this riverbed/gargabe dump in the middle of the desert. After we got sick of that we drove through town and passed by several huge resorts. It was pretty cool. Ensenada wasn't terribly impressive in and of itself, but la buffadora was pretty fun. Nate got sprayed as he was trying to catch the phenomenon on film. Then he tried to film old people getting sprayed to make himself feel better. We had a blast!

Well, now we are back in the grove of work and school. I am looking into getting certified in Adobe Photoshop and learning HTML. I think that my best chances of staying at home and making some kind of income is being able to work on the computer. Even though it's not my dream job, if it will keep me with my future babies, I'll take it! That's all for now. Till next time!

1 comment:

Menlove Family said...

How fun! You didn't tell me! I haven't been to Cabo but I totally agree with you on Ensenada...kinda a bummer huh.